Halloween Safety: Keep Your Ghouls and Boys Safe!
Fall is fully in swing now that October is here. Leaves are on the verge of changing colors and the countdown for Halloween has officially begun. Let’s take a moment to talk about some quick safety tips to keep your kids, and everyone else, safe this Halloween.
For Trick-or-Treaters (and their parents)
· Use the Buddy System – have an adult accompany young children and always stay in a group
· Be Safe, Be Seen – add reflective tape to costumes and carry flashlights or glow sticks
· Stick to the Sidewalks – only cross at designated intersections and look both ways before crossing
· Make a Game Plan – Plan a route in advance, only stop at houses with lights on, and inspect any questionable candy
· Check out Community Activities – pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and community “trunk-or-treat” events are great ways to keep the fun up while still encouraging safety
· Stay Comfortable – Wear comfortable shoes, dress accordingly for the weather, and avoid any masks or face paints that can irritate the skin or obstruct vision
· Stay Alert & Drive Slowly – you never know when someone might run out onto the street
· Light Up the Night – keep your headlights on & don’t forget your turn signals
· Put Down the Phone – don’t be distracted, it can always wait
· Don’t Pass Stopped Vehicles – they might be dropping off children