It’s Wedding Season: The rundown on event and venue liability insurance
Weddings are not only beautiful moments, but also stressful events to plan for. You need the venue that you’re renting to tell you that liability insurance is a requirement like you need a hole in the head. Thankfully, the independent insurance agents at Aspire Insurance Agency are here to make that a little less painful. Even if the insurance is not required by the venue, there are plenty of reasons to buy a wedding event policy.
Wedding and event policies do several things:
· Provide vendor cancellation coverage- If your camera crew, florists, caterers, DJ, etc. backs out at the last moment, or if there is a rain-out, delay, or double booking at the venue you choose, or if the tailor or dress shop you are buying from fails to deliver, the policy can provide money to for you pay another provider at the last moment, or reimburse you for non-refundable charges.
· Ruined photos- If your photographer’s film or data storage is defective, or negatives are lost or damaged, the policy can help cover the cost to re-take new photos.
· Sudden Illness- If you, your bride or groom, or any of your immediate family members cannot attend due to sudden illness, and your big day needs to be postponed, event policies can pay for non-recoverable expenses.
· Special attire- If the honoree’s dress or tuxedo is lost or damaged, policy can provide money to repair or replace.
· Cover YOU for liquor liability- So you’re telling me (yourself, really;) that you have hired bartenders to provide the alcohol services, and they are insured, and that you don’t need liquor liability insurance. It is true that they have liquor liability insurance, and that THEY are covered. You, however, may be left out to dry. What if a guest brings a flask, or what if the bartenders serve them, and they later get into a fatal car accident? The claimants for the injured party may sue you AND the bartenders for upwards of a million dollars or more. The bartenders can cover their share, but can you cover yours?
· Protects the venue and you from property damage and claims of bodily injury- Stains on the floor, drapes, a broken window, chandelier, a fire, or grandpa slipping on the dance floor and breaking his hip. That is the main reason, the venue is asking for this. To protect their interests. When their interests are protected, yours are too.
Event polices are very affordable, and options for liability insurance can range up to $5,000,000 in coverage. Let us take some of the stress away from your big day.
Make a quick call to
Aspire Insurance Agency